The purpose of the BTU SmartHOME program is to incentivize customers to invest in energy efficiency improvements for their homes, focusing on those that strengthen the building envelope, thus improving the home’s ability to avoid heat loss or gain.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an owner of a single- or multi-family permanent dwelling within BTU territory. (Mobile homes, additions, and RVs do not qualify.)
- Projects must have been completed within the current fiscal year, October 1 through September 30 of each year.
- The home must have electric central heat and air conditioning.
- Installed one or more of the following approved measures:
- Attic or exterior wall insulation
- Energy Star® rated windows (entire window replacement, not just glass)
- Solar screens
A complete SmartHOME Packet includes:
- A completed SmartHOME application.
- Invoice(s) for work or receipt(s) for materials (if self-installed.)
- Before pictures.
- After pictures.
BTU reserves the right to physically inspect, pre- or post-completion, to ensure that the project meets the program guidelines.