Malarkey Shingles from a Reputable Roofing Company
Asphalt shingle roofs are the most common and affordable option, both in Bryan and the rest of the United States. Homeowners love the variety of colors and style options to choose from, as well as having a sturdy and reliable roof.
Rock-Crete Foam Insulators & Roofing is the leading Bryan, TX roofing company that has worked with countless homeowners on installing high-quality asphalt roofs. We are committed to providing the best in asphalt shingle roofing, which is why we install Malarkey brand shingles. Our roof replacement experts are available to discuss the different types of roofing materials available for your home and choose the best product for your property!
The Brand We Trust
Rock-Crete Foam Insulators & Roofing is proud to offer Malarkey products, designed and manufactured right here in the United States. We are Emerald Pro level certified, which means our shingles include a 40-year limited lifetime warranty. Be sure to ask our roofing specialists about the colors and products we have to offer to provide the exact roof you’re looking for!
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
The types of asphalt shingles to consider are architectural and premium asphalt shingles. Get to know these types of shingles and find the type that works best for your home.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
If your home’s curb appeal is important, architectural shingles are a great choice. They come in more colors, are laminated, and add dimension to your roof’s appearance. They often come in reflective versions that help with cooling costs in the summer. They last up to 50 years.
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
As the name suggests, luxury asphalt shingles are premium versions of asphalt shingle roofing. Created to emulate high-end cedar or slate roofing without emulating the cost, resulting in about 1/10th of the cost of cedar shingles.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: Asphalt roofs are the simplest for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, installing a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank.
- Variety: Asphalt roofs come in a wide variety of colors and styles. You can choose neutral or statement colors, and depending on what your budget is, you can even choose asphalt shingles that look like higher-end materials.
- Low-Maintenance: Asphalt shingle roofs don’t take long to install and the repairs are usually simple if you properly maintain your roof. With good maintenance, your asphalt roof could last up to twenty years or more!
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are not recyclable because they can release harmful emissions. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can cause cracks and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Shingle Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in Bryan?
The final cost of your roof will ultimately depend on the size and slope of your home, what repairs may be needed underneath your old shingles, and the type of asphalt shingles you choose.
What are the most popular types of shingle roofs in Bryan?
Because most homes in the area are tract homes, homeowners in the area appreciate the extra longevity of architectural shingles. When you install an architectural roof, you can have peace of mind that your roof will last a long time.